Elizabeth Laird Wood Simpson
Elizabeth Laird Wood Simpson was born on 9 May 1910 at Paterson Place, Tannochside, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
Parents: William Simpson, Coal Miner & Mary Laird
Married 24th June 1891 Uddingston.
William Simpson, Father was present at her birth.1,2
She was the daughter of William Simpson and Mary Laird.
Elizabeth Laird Wood Simpson was also known as Lizzie Simpson.
Elizabeth appeared on the 1911 Scottish Census of 2 Apr 1911 in the household of William Simpson at 17 Donaldson Place, Tannochside, Lanarkshire, Scotland ;
SIMPON William, Head, 40, Mar, Coal Miner/Hewer, Worker,Ormiston Haddington
SIMPON Mary, Wife, 40, Mar, married 19yrs, 10 Children, 10 Living, Old Monkland Lanark
SIMPON George, Son, 18, Single, Coalminer Hewer, Worker, Bothwell Lanark
SIMPON William, Son, 16, Single, Coalminer Hewer, Worker, Bothwell
SIMPON Charles, Son, 14, Coalminer Hewer, Worker, Bothwell
SIMPON Thomas, Son, 12, School, Bothwell
SIMPON Alex, Son, 11, School, Bothwell
SIMPON Robert, Son, 9, School, Bothwell
SIMPON Mary, Dau, 7, School, Bothwell
SIMPON Maggie, Dau, 5, School, Bothwell
SIMPON Ellen, Dau, 3, Bothwell
SIMPON Elizabeth, Dau, 10mths, Bothwell
(The surname is recorded on the census as SIMPON instead of SIMPSON.)3
Elizabeth Laird Wood Simpson married Frank Slaven on 23 Dec 1932 at 297 Old Edinburgh Road, Tannochside, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
After Banns, According to the Forms of the Church of Scotland.
Frank Slaven, Slater (Journeyman) Bachelor, aged 25.
Usual Res: 2 Tron Place, Largs,Ayr
Parents: Frank Slaven, Baker (Journeyman) & Agnes Miller McLeod
Elizabeth Laird Wood Simpson, Domestic Servant, (Spinster), aged 22.
Usual Res: 297 Old Edinburgh Road, Tannochside.
Parents: William Simpson, Coal Miner (Brusher ) & Mary Laird
Witnesses: Hugh Montgomery McLeod Slaven, 2 Tron Place, Largs & Bridget Turner, Elderslie Hydro, Largs.1,4
As of 23 Dec 1932,her married name was Slaven.
Elizabeth died on 31 Dec 1950 at 19 Holehouse Road, Largs, Ayrshire, Scotland , at age 40 years, 7 months and 22 days
Elizabeth Laird SLAVEN married to Frank Slaven, Slater (Journeyman)
At 9pm aged 40yrs.
Parents: William Simpson, Coal Miner (dec - crossed out, error) & Mary Laird (dec)
Frank Slaven, Widower was present at her death.1,5
Elizabeth's cause of death on 31 Dec 1950 was from Tuberculosis of the Lungs.
|Father||William Simpson (17 Aug 1870 - 21 Jan 1953)|
|Mother||Mary Laird (6 Sep 1870 - 2 Jan 1940)|
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1910 Bothwell, Lanark, 625/01 0314. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S136] GRO Scotland, 1911 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 2 April 1911), 1911 Bothwell Lanark, 625/01 013/00 039. Hereinafter cited as 1911 Scottish Census.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1932 Bothwell, Lanark, 625/01 0109.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1951 Largs, Ayr, 602/01 0002.