Janet Simpson was born on 12 Mar 1873 at Pencaitland, East Lothian, Scotland .1,2
She was the daughter of James Simpson and Agnes Raeburn.
Janet appeared on the 1881 Scottish Census of 3 Apr 1881 in the household of William Simpson at Pirntation Farm Ploughman's House, Stow, Midlothian, Scotland ;
SIMPSON William, Head, 21, Ploughman, Ormiston
SIMPSON Agnes, Mother, 40, Humbie
SIMPSON Marion, Sister, 17, Field Worker, Ormiston
SIMPSON John, Brother, 15, Field Worker, Ormiston
SIMPSON Thomas, Brother, 13, Field Worker, Pencaitland
SIMPSON Elizabeth, Sister, 10, Scholar, Corstophine
SIMPSON Janet, Sister,8, Scholar, Pencaitland
SIMPSON Mary, Sister, 4, Scholar, Ormiston
SIMPSON James, Brother, 2, Liberton.3
Janet appeared on the 1891 Scottish Census of 5 Apr 1891 in the household of Agnes Simpson at Bellsmains, Borthwick, Midlothian, Scotland ;
SIMPSON Agnes, Head, Widow, 50 born East Lothian
SIMPSON John, Son, Unm, 25, Pit Bottomer, East Lothian
SIMPSON Thomas, Son, Unm, 22, Miller, East Lothian
SIMPSON Janet, Dau, Unm, 18, Farm Servant, East Lothian
SIMPSON James, Son, 12, Scholar, Midlothian
BOLD Matthew, Grandson, 9, Scholar, Midlothian.4
Janet Simpson married Thomas Dundas on 29 Dec 1893 at Bellsmains, Gorebridge, Midlothian, Scotland ,
After Banns according to the Forms of the Church of Scotland
Thomas Dundas, Miller (Journeyman), 23, Single
Res: Bellsmain, Gorebridge
Parents: Thomas Dundas, Plasterer & Catherine Dundas MS Clark
Janet Simpson, 20, Single
Res: Bellsmains, Gorebridge
Parents: James Simpson, Farm Servant & Agnes Simpson MS Raeburn
Witnesses: Charles Dundas & Jessie Young.5,6
As of 29 Dec 1893,her married name was Dundas.
Janet Dundas witnessed the death of Agnes Simpson on 13 Mar 1908 2 West Norton Place, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland ,
Widow of James Simpson, Ploughman
at 10.50pm aged 68yrs
Parents: John Raeburn, Ploughman (dec) & Elizabeth Raeburn MS Wilson (dec)
Janet Dundas, Daughter was present when she passed away.5,7
Family: Janet Simpson and Thomas Dundas
|Father||James Simpson (3 Dec 1834 - 8 Apr 1878)|
|Mother||Agnes Raeburn (c 1840 - 13 Mar 1908)|
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1873 Pencaitland East Lothian, 716/00 0006. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), "Scotland, Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.2/MBDX-4G3 : accessed 14 Jun 2014), Janet Simpson, 12 Mar 1873; citing PENCAITLAND,EAST LOTHIAN,SCOTLAND, reference ; FHL microfilm 6035516.
- [S15] 1881 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 3 April 1881), 1881 Stow Midlothian, 699/ ED 7 Line 18. Hereinafter cited as 1881 Scottish Census.
- [S16] 1891 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 5 April 1891), 1891 Borthwick Midlothian RG12/ 2. Hereinafter cited as 1891 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1893 Borthwick Edinburgh Midlothian, 674/000010.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1908 Canongate Edinburgh, 685/03 0151.