Robert Strathern was baptised on 25 Jul 1824 in Pencaitland, East Lothian, Scotland ,
Born 21 July 1824.1,2
He was the son of Robert Strathern and Margaret King.
Robert appeared on the 1841 Scottish Census of 6 Jun 1841 in the household of Robert Strathern at Newtown, Pencaitland, East Lothian, Scotland ;
STRATHERN Robert, 49, Coal Miner, East Lothian Yes
STRATHERN Margaret, 45 Yes
STRATHERN Janet, 25, Yes
STRATHERN George, 24, Coal Miner, Yes
STRATHERN Christian, 20, Yes
STRATHERN John, 18, Coal Miner, Yes
STRATHERN Robert, 16, Yes
STRATHERN Marion, 14, Yes
STRATHERN William, 8, Yes
STRATHERN Davidson, 8, Yes
STRATHERN James, 6, Yes
STRATHERN Nuola (Nicol), 10 months, Yes.3
Robert Strathern married Janet Perkins c 1850 at East Lothian, Scotland .
Robert appeared on the 1851 Scottish Census of 30 Mar 1851 at Church Street West, Tranent, East Lothian, Scotland , also listed in the household was Janet and James ;
STRATHEARN Robert, Head, M, 27, Grocer, Pencailtand East Lothian
STRATHEARN Jessie, Wife, M, 29, Haddington East Lothian
SMITH James, Visitor, Unm, 17, Shop Keeper, Pencaitland East Lothian
(James Smith could be a cousin of Robert's.)4
Robert Strathern recorded Margaret Strathern's death on 17 Jul 1855 Tranent, East Lothian, Scotland ,
Married to Robert Strathearn
At 5 PM aged 59 years
Born Gladsmuir, One year in Tranent
Parents: John King, Miner & Janet Wilson
Margaret Dec 1832
Nichol Dec 1839
Robert Strathearn, Son was the informant.5,6
Robert appeared on the 1861 Scottish Census of 7 Apr 1861 in the household of George Strathern at Church Street West Side, Tranent, East Lothian, Scotland ;
STREATHARNE George, Head, 44, Retired Grocer, Pencaitland
STREATHARNE Isabella, Sister, 39, Pencaitland
STREATHARNE Robert, Brother, 35, Grocer employing 1 Man, Pencaitland
STREATHARNE James, Brother, 25, Grocer (journeyman), Pencaitland
STREATHARNE Robert P, Nephew, 8, Scholar, Scholar
STOCKS Margaret, Niece, 11, Scholar, Pencaitland.7
|Father||Robert Strathern (13 Oct 1791 - 15 Mar 1854)|
|Mother||Margaret King (10 Apr 1796 - 17 Jul 1855)|
- [S32] GROS, Scottish OPR's (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: pre 1855), 1824 Pencaitland East Lothian 716/00 0030 0028. Hereinafter cited as Scottish OPR's.
- [S197] Letter or email from Mary Legarth (New Zealand) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) Descandant Tree of John King dated 2008.
- [S82] 1841 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 6 June 1841), 1841 Pencaitland East Lothain, ED2 Page 3 - Ancestry.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as 1841 Scottish Census.
- [S28] 1851 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 30 March 1851), 1851 Tranent Haddingstonshire (East Lothian) Piece 722, Folio 12, Page 14
via Findmypast.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as 1851 Scottish Census.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1855 Tranetn East Lothian, 722/00 0045. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S79] 1861 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 7 April 1861), 1861 Tranent East Lothian, ED 2 Page 10 - Ancestry.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as 1861 Scottish Census.