William Watson was born c 1886 at Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
Parents: John Watson & Mary Ann Watson MS Routledge.
William Watson married Elizabeth Wotherspoon Laird, daughter of Alexander Laird and Elizabeth Rae Hotchkis, on 9 Jun 1911 at The Royal Hotel, Uddingston, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
After Banns according to the Forms of the United Free Church of Scotland
Police Constable, Bachelor, aged 25
Usual Res: Muirhead Place Tannochside
Parents: John Watson, Railway Labourer & Mary Ann Watson MS Routledge.
Elizabeth Wotherspoon Laird, Dressmaker, Spinster, aged 27
Usual Res: Young's Land, Thornwood
Parents: Alexander Laird, Coal Miner (dec) & Elizabeth Laird MS Hotchkis
Witnesses: William Chalmers & Mary Gardner Laird.1,2
William Watson witnessed the birth of Elizabeth Rae Watson on 3 Nov 1911 Police Station, Chapelhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
Elizabeth Rae Watson
at 3. 15 PM
Parents: William Watson, Plice Constable & Elizabeth Wotherspoon Watson MS Laird.
Married: 1911 June 9th Bothwell
William Watson, Father was present at the birth.1,3
William died on 9 Jun 1960 at Hackney Hospital, London, Middlesex, England,
William Watson's estate was probated on 19 Jul 1960 at London, Middlesex, England,
of 30 Harcombe Road, Stoke Newington London N 16
died 9 June 1960 at Hackney Hospital London, E8
Probate London 19 July to Elizabeth McNee married woman.
Effects £796 13s 7d.5
Child of William Watson and Elizabeth Wotherspoon Laird
- Elizabeth Rae Watson (3 Nov 1911 - Dec 1995)
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1911 Bothwell Lanark, 625/01 0059. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1911 Holytown Lanark, 625/02 0599.
- [S78] BDM Indexes online: England Civil Registration online, findmypast.co.uk . Online www.findmypast.com/ www.ancestry.co.uk;, 1960 Hackney London, Vol 5c Page 639 aged 74.
- [S132] England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Adminstrations) 1858-1966, 1960 National Probate Calendar, Page 211, Ancestry.co.uk.