Elizabeth Wilson was born on 19 Feb 1816 at Pencaitland, Midlothian, Scotland ,
Parents: Adam Wilsona nd Agnes Stichall.1
Elizabeth Wilson married John Raeburn on 16 Jun 1839 at Humbie, East Lothian, Scotland ,
May 31st 1839
John Raeburn and Elisabeth Wilson both in this Parish, gave in their names for proclamation - were proclaimed on the 2nd & 9th June, and no objections offered.
Marriage would have taken place usually within the following week by the 16th of June
(Adam writes that John Roseburn may have also been married to Marion Scott - married 5 April 1828, Humbie, East Lothian who died between 1833 - 1839.)2,3
As of 16 Jun 1839,her married name was Raeburn.
Elizabeth died in 1899 at Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland , at age 82 years.1
Adam Spence has been doing research on this family and would be interested to hear from anyone else.
Please contact Adam on email@example.com.
Children of Elizabeth Wilson and John Raeburn
- Janet Raeburn (1833 - 1899)
- Agnes Raeburn+ (c 1840 - 13 Mar 1908)
- William Raeburn (c 1843 - 19 Feb 1918)
- Adam Raeburn (c 1844 - )
- John Anderson Raeburn (24 Jul 1846 - bt Sep 1846 - Feb 1848)
- Robert Raeburn (c 1848 - )
- John Raeburn (24 Feb 1848 - )
- David Raeburn (24 Feb 1854 - )
- Mary Raeburn (12 Mar 1856 - )
- [S203] Letter or email from Adam Spence (e-mail address (Canada)) to Ailsa Corlett, Various letters or emails; Held by Ailsa Corlett (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) Descendant sheet emailed June 2014.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S32] GROS, Scottish OPR's (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: pre 1855), 1839 Humbie East Lothian, 710/00 0030. Hereinafter cited as Scottish OPR's.