David Gardner was born on 18 Jun 1817 at Shettleston, Lanarkshire, Scotland .1
He was the son of William Gardner and Elizabeth Gilmour.
David Gardner was baptised on 26 Jul 1817 in Barony, Lanarkshire, Scotland ,
William Gardner, Carter, Shettleston & Elizabeth Gimour had their 12th child born 18th June and Baptised 26th July named David.
Witnesses: David and William Templeton.2,3,4
David Gardner married Mary Mathie on 23 May 1840 at Erskine, Renfrewshire, Scotland ,
David Gardiner and Mary Mathie both in this Parish have given in their names to be proclaimed in order for marriage and were married.2,5
David appeared on the 1841 Scottish Census of 6 Jun 1841, at Eastmuir, Lanarkshire, Scotland , also listed in the household was Mary and David ;
GARDNER David, 20, Ag Lab, Lanark
GARDNER Mary, 20, Lanark
GARDNER David, 1, Lanark.6
David appeared on the 1851 Scottish Census of 30 Mar 1851 at Renmuir, Old Monkland, Lanarkshire, Scotland , also listed in the household was Mary, Elizabeth, Andrew, David, Mary and Elizabeth ;
GARDINER David, Head, Mar, 23 (sic should be 33), Agricultural Servant, Barony Lanark
GARDINER Mary, Wife, M, 29, Renfrew
GARDINER Elizabeth, Dau, Unm, 8, Scholar, Shettleston, Lanark
GARDINER Andrew, Son, Unm, 6, Scholar, Cumbernauld Dumbarton
GARDINER David, Son, Unm, 4, Old Monkland Lanark
GARDINER Mary, Dau, Un, 2, Old Monkland Lanark
GARDINER Elizabeth, Lodger, Widow, 76, Pauper, Barony Lanark.7
David died c 1859 at Kilbirnie, Ayrshire, Scotland ,
David has died between the 1851 & 1861 Census, perhaps around the birth of James in Ayr.
Cannot locate or id the correct death as of this stage. Checked under D* and Gar* from 1851 - 1854 & from 1855 - 1861 but nothing fits.
Children of David Gardner and Mary Mathie
|Father||William Gardner (c 1772 - b 6 Jun 1841)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Gilmour (c 1774 - 3 Mar 1863)|
- [S33] Birth Marriage and Burial Entries, International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI) : Family Search Web site, From 2000), C119689.
- [S1] Certificate held on file, Held by Ailsa Corlett, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Hereinafter cited as Certificate held on file.
- [S11] Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, 1817 Barony Lanark, 622/00 0050 0406. Hereinafter cited as Scottish Record Office BDM Indexes.
- [S33] International Genealogical Index & Family Search Web Site (IGI), "Scotland, Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/X1WF-FZK : accessed 02 Sep 2013), David Gardner, 18 Jun 1817.
Film No 1041477.
- [S32] GROS, Scottish OPR's (www.scotlandspeople.co.uk: pre 1855), 1840 Erskine Renfrew, 563/00 0020 0109. Hereinafter cited as Scottish OPR's.
- [S82] 1841 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 6 June 1841), 1841 Eastmuir Lanark, Piece 622, Folio 16, Page 6 via Findmypast.co.uk. Hereinafter cited as 1841 Scottish Census.
- [S28] 1851 Scottish Census (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk: New Register House Edinburgh, 30 March 1851), 1851 Old Monkland Lanark, 652/00 003/00 019. Hereinafter cited as 1851 Scottish Census.